Camargue is a land of marshes. This formidable nature reserve of 85 000
hectares has the richest fauna and flora in Europe. Remarkable settings
of fortified towns, remnants of the past history dating to the first
Crusades, Meridional foods, bouziegues oysters, Costières de Nîmes,
wines of Frontignan Muscat.
The attractions :
Navigate along the Mediterranean inland waterway with just a single lock on
the Rhône to Sète Canal, richness and variety of scenery between
la Camargue, Etang de Thau and the Canal du Midi, medieval cities and Gastronomy
Meridional, sunny beaches, Le Grau du Roi, Palavas...
- Very few locks – perfect for first time boaters!
- Many beaches within either walking or cycling distance.
- The medieval city of Aigues Mortes.
- Excellent wildlife – the famous Camargue horses, pink flamingos, wild bulls.
- A sailing across the vast Etang de Thau lake.